VHS Volunteering needed for culture crawl November 18-21st

I am done work at 12 on Sunday, can be at the space by 12:30 at the earliest, but available for the rest of the day.

I have made a generic social media post. if you want to send me some more photos, and or video, i can make more post during the week.

did you find the QR code you need?
I use https://www.qrcode-monkey.com/ to generate QR code that has logos embedded in it.

2 Likes

@xquared I can do 11-3 on Sunday if you’ll do 3-6.

1 Like

Sounds good :+1:

I can cover Sunday but would appreciate an hour for lunch.

Two cents, I would feel more comfortable if we were enforcing the vaccine passport.

3 Likes

Thanks for the many volunteers to help out during Culture Crawl. I promised a raffle for those who volunteered to help out. If you did contribute in some shape or form please leave a note here for me here or on slack and i’ll write a python script to randomly a winner of those who helped out. Please let me know by 12 noon on wednesday as that’s when i’ll pick a winner.

1 Like

Also - those who had volunteered in the thread above will be automatically entered

Index
xsquared
elizabot
Yeungx
Carolina
t.he.art
Tamara_VA7ETR
lionello
omkar

1 Like

Greg helped give tours in the morning - not sure what his user name is.

1 Like

Greg is the @TankGuy

For the crawl, I started a few 3d prints of these whistles.

I added some VHS branding since I think these are great as demo prints.
Each one takes about 30 minutes to print on the tinkerine and are functional (and extremely loud) right off the printer. (and you really don’t need the two tone, the text shows up fine)

leaving the STL here because i don’t know where else to keep it.
VHS Whistle.stl (290.3 KB)

5 Likes

I finally had a chance to sit down and do the thinggy needed here.

How the raffle is run: For each volunteer a Random number is assigned to a number 1-9999. A winning number is also randomly generated. Closest to the number wins.

Code for Raffle: GitHub - phillipcma/vhs_raffle

Results:

Generating Randomized ticket 1-9999 for each volunteer
{‘Index’: 7319, ‘xsquared’: 1214, ‘elizabot’: 239, ‘Yeungx’: 6299, ‘Carolina’: 9025, ‘t.he.art’: 3484, ‘Tamara_VA7ETR’: 433, ‘lionello’: 4524, ‘omkar’: 8320, ‘TankGuy’: 3762}
drawing winning number between 1 and 9999
winning number is 5041
the winning number belongs to: lionello
[Finished in 0.1s]

Congrats @lionello. The Board will be left on the main bench with your name on it.

6 Likes

Oh wow! Thanks so much, Phillip!

1 Like

Sorry i’m late to the game but i want to be there today as soon as possible and volunteer/do other things that help and play with toys on and off…. But there’s alot of messages. Unless i hear different i’m going to aim for maybe 11 but if someone has a need, knows of a need, has an alternate “omid, you should do this” say it and it will be so. And i will be grateful!

(It just struck me that the culture crawl is really quite neat, and i have never been, and i don’t have the energy at this late stage to do that maybe but be part of the vhs portion? Maybe easier. =). )

wow, qr monkey is quite the thing. thank you for sharing that!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.