VHS still needs your help!

Yes, it will probably take a few people most of day to remove the nails by,
roughly straighten them, hammering back, and pulling by crowbar.

It goes pretty quick, but there are a lot of nails.

Anyone down there today? I will bring my claw hammer. My blue crowbar should also be down there still.

I’m still not feeling well (bad cough/cold), so can’t help out today. However, I’ll keep checking the list and can probably come by on Saturday if there is still hammering/nail pulling to be done.

If you (or anyone) who can tow a trailer is available to do dump runs the 27th/28th, I can be available either day to help load/unload.

Sorry you’re not feeling well Inez. Alrightly - I’ll also be in on Saturday.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Ok, I’ll pick up a 5x8 trailer on the 27th and bring it to the space in the morning. Drywall and other garbage I’ll take to the dump, any wood left I’ll take to get recycled.

Before that time if anyone wants to do something at the space they can move all drywall and wood to be disposed in separate piles near the loading bay to make unloading/loading pretty quick (if that hasn’t been done already)

The problem with salvaging the wood is storage, someone needs to pick up the wood and @JohnC needs to be available to store the wood. As I recall the only other day he has free is the 30th so that would require either another trailer rental or someone’s truck. The other issue is we might not even be building a wall

1 Like

We’re actually really low on storage space - we filled up pretty much all the space available. (PS - we need to downsize some stuff). I don’t think storing the wood in our current location is viable, even if we were to denail it. We’d need someone to store it offsite.

if you want to pick me up on the way, I should be able to help you

I volunteered to house the fume hood until we move into a larger space that we can make use of it, under the impression that it was functional. When I looked last night there were no fans at all. Does anyone know if they were removed/packed separately? As much as I really want VHS to have a functioning fume system for resins, paint, etc, if all it is is a stainless steel box, it is of no use to me or Us, in my opinion, and not worth storing. If anyone remembers packing the fans, please chime in, otherwise I see no point in keeping it.

Did the hood ever have fans in it? I don’t recall them ever being set up when we moved into the space.

Don’t know. It was set up on a bench and I thought it was functional. I
may be mistaken

If you’ve never laid eyes on fans, and I haven’t either, I’m assuming they never existed. If you are cool storing this so we can set it up in the new space that would be awesome. But if not (and completely understandable since it’s not functional now) no worries.

It was never functional (at least at the bunker) - I had helped mount it just to get it off the work surface, and it was never hooked up to any sort of extraction.

Well then the next question is if it is useful in building a downdraft
system.

There is/was a decent inline fan (white) around that I thought originally was part of the fumehood - at least they seemed to appear at around the same time. I’m pretty sure we still have it somewhere.

Alright, as long as it is “fixable” and, once unpacked, I can get my hands
on the fan to keep it together and ensure it is usable in the future, I’ll
be able to store it. To be blunt, I’m not putting the thing on my balcony
for 2 years wasting space, I fully intend to set up my own little fume
booth if I am storing it.

Wood still there? I have a friend who might be able to arrange to take some
of the 2x4, 2 x 8 s

Drywall can go to the wastech transfer station just over the second narrows. $150 per tonne.

We accept up to ½ tonne of CLEAN drywall per trip. Drywall must be separated from the garbage (no tiles, plaster, or stucco attached). A 50% fee surcharge will apply if drywall is mixed with garbage. A laboratory test may be required confirming that the material is asbestos free. For larger quantities, contact RCBC at 604-732-9253 or rcbc.bc.ca to locate the closest recycler.

Yup, the more your friend can take the easier it will be to deal with the rest.

That’s where I’m thinking of taking the drywall. I’ll take the wood to the coquitlam yard/wood recycling but they will only take the stuff that is not painted, nails are ok. That will leave one more trip for just general garbage.

I am a key holder, I will be at the space from friday morning 10:00ish to
until 17:00ish pulling nails and sorting lumber.