VHS Gallery Event [and auction]! Installations Due September 1st

As long as it is safe/securely mounted, all good!

Hi @mike, I love love love your idea for a(n annual) gallery! Is there room to set up a dark zone to display a few of my bitesized laser cut paintings? They’re meant to be charged in UV. I imagine a display with a blacklight for viewers to interact with. Sorry to ask so late! I wasn’t sure that I would find time to install. I have a mosquito net that may help create a dark zone and maybe there is some dark fabric around that I can use, but I think it’s also fine to create a display without fabric barriers. What do you think?

2 Likes

If you can set it up, I’m all for it!

2 Likes

Hey i can show off the swords i have been making and selling.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/182697897647669248/746553695646384158/20200821_191717.jpg

8 Likes

I dropped off my items at the space this afternoon. (I know it’s a week early, but I wanted to get it off my list.)

Mika and I cleaned up the upper room a bit. Currently there’s 2 tables, one at the front and one at the back. There’s a third table leaned up against the wall in the corner, but I’m not entirely sure it will fit.

Anyway, I left these guys there with probably too many notes. Feel free to move them around. (There’s fishing line in my tote if you’d prefer to hang the flying saucer somewhere else - I just thought it’d be cool in front of the window.)

4 Likes

I cleaned up a bit in there last night. Let’s start getting our pieces in there. If you need help dropping them off, let me know and I’ll try to make myself available to you.

If you want to take @elizabot’s lead and have a little info card, that’d be great. Otherwise, I’ll print out what you provided on the form.

4 Likes

Just a quick reminder, please get your pieces in the space soon. I’ll open up the auction (for items that are for auction) this weekend and next week I’ll take photos. If you haven’t gotten your piece down there, book a slot this week and set it up!

Thanks!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.