VHS Equipment Review - Vacuum Tubes

We have a box of vintage vacuum tubes. Most look to be about 30-40 years old.

Not sure how useful they are here. Perhaps they should live with someone or some group that restores vintage electronics.

• Keep
  • Toss
0 voters
1 Like

If we decide to get rid of these please let me go through them as I need some old tubes for a vintage radio I’m repairing. I can also make sure the rest go on to the vintage radio museum folks. I’ve voted “toss” as I can’t see a use for them in the space (not just because of my replacement tube lust). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is there any possibility of having a vacuum tube workshop/meetup or something? I mostly just check every now and then for signs of vacuum tube related stuff happening at VHS (plus a few other things). I would love to draw on the tube knowledge of the wider community! Thanks!

Let’s make a working RF Tube Amplifier! So keep them to have a workshop/meet/unconference on Amplifiers, HAM Radio, etc.

I’m assuming that by “toss” you mean landfill. In that case I’m voting “keep”, although if there’s anyone that wants them (member or not), they should be free to take them.

I love your enthusiasm; can you host a night with a plan/schematic so this actually gets done?

1 Like

I am no RF guru, so I will gather some info. on this from other members who are experts and take it from there. It will be after the graphene project that we will be doing.

I’m assuming that by “toss” you mean landfill. In that case I’m voting “keep”, although if there’s anyone that wants them (member or not), they should be free to take them.

In this case, “toss” means donated to either Freegeek or the Hackery.

Hi there, did you guys toss those tubes yet? If they are still looking for a home, I will gladly take them.

I’ll admit I do not know much about vacuum tubes, but a cursory browsing of the topic on Ebay would indicate that they are of value.

Could we possibly devise a test rig to determine if they are any good, then sell them? That is of course if no one has use for them.

I vote toss. As much as these are really cool, if someone is not going to take responsibility for their use in a workshop or something they will most likely not get used. Would love to donate them to another organization that will use them or a museum. It would be a right shame for them to head to a landfill!

The Sparc Museum may be interested. https://sparcradio.ca/

Unless these have already gone to the Hackery?

1 Like

I think they’re still around, but I’ll try to confirm today.

1 Like

@variable if you do please stick them in my tote for safe keeping. If they turn up I’ll email SPARC.

You’re in luck. The’re in your tote ready to move on.

1 Like

Great thank you! I just emailed SPARC.

They couldn’t fit in your tote, so I’ve placed them in the Dropbox.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.