VHS Equipment Review - Furniture

I thought I would take a turn proposing we get rid of some things…

These two chairs are kinda trashy. I counted 20 other good rolly chairs, plus 6 nice folding chairs.

This jointer has been hanging out at the door for a few months. What’s it’s story and can it be taken away?

This sign is pretty bad. It’s dirty beyond cleaning, it’s got an obsolete URL, IRC channel, physical address, AND QR code. It’s embarrassing.

Please discuss - thanks!

1 Like

I vote trash them all!

3 Likes

Trash away! Thanks for doing this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jointer is @miststlkr’s but we need transportation help if someone can; all my opportunities to get it out to him have failed for unrelated issues.

If someone is headed out that way with room for the jointer, please contact @miststlkr and coordinate. Note that the jointer and the base can be detached to fit in a smaller car.

I have a pretty big car, how long is the haul? :slight_smile:

Lougheed Mall. When VHS got the new one I said I’d take the old one, realized I didn’t really have a way to transport it and said I’d pass. If we can get it here, I have a small communal shop in our building that three condo towers share which would make use of it. If not, I’m not going to cry over it. So rather than have it sit in limbo forever, if I can make arrangements for it to be removed in the next week, just do whatever you would have done with it before I chimed in?

1 Like

Hell, throw it in my wagon and I’ll get it there. I didn’t know it was that simple.
@lukecyca can you please put a note saying that I will take it in the next few?

I would further suggest VHS invest a bit of money in some new signage, and yes, trash that old one. It’s served us well.

2 Likes

No thoughts for keeping any historical memorabilia, when you celeb 25 years of hackspace?

The fake leather chair, is quite good for lounging in when having discussions and Tim throws his bags etc on it, better than on the ground … ?

I’ve always found it to be comfortable and usually go for it if it isn’t in use, but didn’t care enough to speak up on its behalf :stuck_out_tongue:

That would be awesome. Let me know when works for you

Retire it all!

I have trashed both chairs and the sign.

The jointer seems to to have disappeared as well. Mission accomplished.

3 Likes

Thanks @lukecyca!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.