VHS Auction: Ceramic mug

I made this mug at the UBC Pottery Club in August 2020. Wheel thrown, trimmed and has overlapping glazes. I think this will make a nice holiday gift to yourself or loved ones. Max capacity is 500ml, 475ml is suggested fill level.

To Auction:

Please respond to this thread with the price in CAD you’d like to pay. All proceeds will go to the Vancouver Hackspace. We can collect via whatever method is best for you, and any transfer of items will be done in a contact-free method of your choosing. I’ll close each auction after the bids have appeared to stop by giving one warning post, and if no bids are put in after the warning post, I’ll announce the winner.

Please increment bids in $5 intervals.

5 Likes

tenmoku with a rutile top glaze?

2 Likes

What’s the starting bid? I’ll get it started with $15.

3 Likes

Good eye! That’s the effect I was going for, though it is not true Tenmoku - That’s only possible at cone 10 (which is higher fire temperature than the cone 6 our kilns go to).

2 Likes

That is super gorgeous work. Would love to see a thread of stuff you make if you ever have time to post about projects.

1 Like

Thank you! I post some stuff infrequently here

1 Like

we used to do a tenmoku at cone 6. i may even still have a few recipes… if i find them, I’ll share them with ya. Where tenmoku really comes to life is in the reduction kiln. sucking all the oxygen out of them really makes the iron come alive.

2 Likes

That would be amazing!

$25 for the mug…

3 Likes

And my $30!

1 Like

(Sorry I’ve been a bit busy the past couple of days!)

Last call for donations to the VHS for this beautiful chonk of a ceramic mug!

Current bid is $30 by @mike :smiley:

1 Like

I bid 35.

2 Likes

The mug goes to @Metal_Janet!! Thank you for your donation to VHS! I’ll be in touch regarding the handover :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.