Vhs arc

I have a question that goes in two directions…firstly when is the next certification class? I would like to attend.

Next, I haven’t seen any recent ARC activity (not that absence of evidence etc…) and I wonder if ARC is still active? If not, we have a new 3D printer on the way and could use the desk space.

Thank you.

@KevMacD VHS-ARC is alive but not very active from the “dark corner” where it is.
We would gladly move the radio.
a) to a spot on the bench by the Laser cutter which is far more suitable as it will cut the length of feedline by 50%
b) that bench is seldom in use
c) I have also been doing the small 3D printer setup for MakerMobile in the current 3D printer spot near the others and realize space is limited
d) I dont want the radios near the printers for fear of potential RF interference with the printers
e) we need a spot for the potting / moulding folks to move to as this is taking up space above and below the 3D bench as well as the crafting table which is full of sticky/gooey stuff

Regarding the next certification course - I have been directing interested folks to attend the VECTOR course and or the ones held by the local Ham Radio Clubs.
The last one we ran through VHS had to be done in the MakerMobile last year as we were just moving to Cook St and right now its also just not practical to do one again from the space.

Farrell

I think the bench over by the laser is a good place if you are better with it. It currently has the laser printer and the “VHS admin” stuff, but lots of room for your gear. Let me know if you want a hand.

Will ARC start meeting regularly again?

I am heading down there later today and will start the move.
F