Hello fellow VHS’ers,
The health and well-being of our members are very important. And considering the situation surrounding COVID-19 - also known as Novel Coronavirus - we encourage all members to follow the recommendations of public health officials highlighted below:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing,
- Avoid others who are unwell.
- Stay home when you are feeling sick.
Anyone who has recently travelled to an area affected by COVID-19, or is experiencing symptoms such as cough, sneezing, fever, sore throat and difficulty breathing, can call 8-1-1 at any time to talk to a nurse at HealthLinkBC and get advice about how you are feeling and what to do next.
For accurate and up-to-date information, please refer to
- Health Canada https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
- The BC Centre for Disease Control http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)
Please keep in mind that there is an increased risk of more severe outcomes for members with underlying medical conditions. Please be considerate of your fellow VHS members and stay safe out there.
Board of Directors