April 21 / 1PM
@cory

April 28 / 1PM
@brent
@jammyness
@Justin_R
@ShawnP
(FULL)

Training usually runs for about 1.5 hour.

This training is required to be able to use the laser cutter. We will go through safety, setup, and all the things you should know to get you started on your laser cutting journey.

For my own comfort level, his event is limited to 3 students each slot and if you can wear a mask, that’ll be greatly appreciated. Don’t worry if you miss this one, we will run more training in the future. Reply to this thread to save your spot.

Bring a vector .dxf file or an .svg file and we can laser cut something after the training! Looking forward to meeting everyone and hearing about your ideas.

The cost of training is $30 which will go towards keeping the laser functional.

Completion of the training will grant access to the use of the laser cutter, and you must be a VHS member to use the laser cutter once trained.

You can drop cash in the donation box, e-Transfer to directors@vanhack.ca, or make a donation via PayPal on Membership - Vancouver Hack Space 1.

4 Likes

@cory @Dandelion @Yannick_Tremblay

1 Like

Sign me up! 21st works great.

2 Likes

im in. for the 21 and at what time is it?

2 Likes

Is 1pm okay?
@cory @Yannick_Tremblay

I can only be at vhs after 4h45 sadly. @Alanna_h

I have a class at 615 so have to leave by 530, unfortunately…
I’ll keep this time but will post more times soon. Let me know to me that work for you so I can them in mind. :slight_smile: thanks

1 Like

1pm works for me!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag!

Unfortunately I can’t commit to weekdays at the moment as my partner has been working a lot of surprise!overtime and I’m unable to get to Hackspace on my own. :frowning: I’ll have to wait for another round.

1 Like

Shoot. Just in the past couple hours im feeling really achey and fluey :nauseated_face:
Will see how the morning is, worst case scenario @cory we do next thursday

1 Like

All good this morning, negative for the 'rona. See you later today! @cory :+1:t5:

2 Likes

Great! See you at 1pm :slight_smile:

Are there 2 spots still available for the 28th?

1 Like

Yes!

Can I squeeze into the spot on the 28th?

1 Like

Still a spot open on the 28th?

1 Like

OK I put you down

Yes I put you down

@ShawnP @Justin_R @brent @jammyness
Training will be running at least 2 - 2.5hrs with 4 people
:sparkles: :slight_smile:

Hi Alanna, I didn’t realize this was at 1pm, sorry!! I won’t be able to escape work for 2-2.5h. Could I move to the May 2nd Women and Queer sesh?

1 Like