Tour Requests from Non-members (or new members!)

Hi, I’d love to book a tour soon! I’m pretty flexible on timing though not yet sure whether I can make it this Tuesday evening, which also may be too short notice?

2 Likes

On Tuesdays there are normally people around who are happy to give tours to anyone who shows up. Posting here lets us know to look out for you, but isn’t actually necessary :slight_smile:

Hope to see you later!

1 Like

Hi,
I would be interested in joining the Hack Space. Would someone be available to give me a tour this Sunday or next Tuesday evening?
Thanks

@elizabot
Hello,

I’d like to try out 3D printing and get some models printed. Do I need to do a tour first? I haven’t tried it before, so I’m a novice.

Thank you

Hi @54nd20! Tuesday evenings you can just show up. The door is usually open, but ring the doorbell if it’s not.

I can give you a tour on Sunday July 9 - but I’m not sure if I’m going to be around on the 2nd. I will get back to you on that.

Hi @Shankaruk! Members who have been trained on the 3d printers can use our 3d printers at the space and we have some that you can borrow to take home.

Strictly speaking you don’t need to take a tour, but you would need to sign up as a member, join the 3d-printing slack channel, and sign up for training.

1 Like

Thank you so much @elizabot . Just let me know if you are around on the 2nd. If not, I will try to drop by on Tuesday, 4th.

Hi @elizabot. Thank you for the reply.

So if I’d like to learn how to use the 3d printers, I’d need to pay the $75 membership fee first, and then I could ask people about it? I’m I’m not sure about whether or not I’ll actually get a chance this month to use the printer, is there no other way to ask about how it works so I can use it in the future?

If you come by on a Tuesday night, somebody will probably happily talk about them with you. But we’d want you to take the training before actually using them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks again. I’ll see if I can come by next time and take a look around.

Hi There, i am traveling around Vancouver for the next week, was wondering if there are any tours happening during this time? Thanks

1 Like

I can give you a tour on the 9th, any time between 2 and 5pm if that’s convenient. Otherwise Tuesday evenings are our open house time - 6pm until ~10pm.

Awesome! Thanks, i will stop by on the 9th at 15:00. Thanks, Charlie

hello. i would love to take a tour of the space if that’s possible, i’m free at all days from 1PM to 4PM.

thank you.
jiwon

1 Like

Nvm, managed to move to Van!
Would anyone on Tuesday,July 18th be free for a tour?

hi @psicman, I’ll be around this weekend in the afternoons if you’d like to come by.

@Ficus_mischievous I’ll be hosting open hours on the 18th, feel free to come by for a tour any time between 7 and 9 pm.

cool! I am planning on attending the laser cutting workshop. Would I need to come in for orientation prior to then?

1 Like

Not required, but it’s generally a good idea to get an orientation and tour at some point early in your membership, given that the structure of VHS as an organization (and I use that word very broadly) is probably different than anything you’ve encountered before, and it’s good to get the lay of the land.

2 Likes

thanks Janet! Will prob stick around after the training and ask a butt ton of questions xD

2 Likes

sounds good, questions are encouraged. Do you expect it to be a metric or imperial butt ton?

2 Likes