Thursday Group Build: Portable Beach Chair

I’m making a few of those two-piece wooden folding beach chairs, and figured it would be cool to make it a group event for everyone who would also like to make one. It’s a surprisingly comfy design. I’m no woodworker but have a good understanding of how to make the chair and of the tools required, so no experience necessary!

Basically looks like this:

The materials needed are just 12’(2x 6’) 1x2 lumber, canvas or other fabric for the back, and some strips of thin wood for the seat. I can arrange a group buy of the materials if there’s interest.

If anyone has a better source for hardwood lumber than home depot, let me know. There it’s around $10 per 6ft 1x2" for oak. We could also cut wider planks into 1x2’s on the band saw.

Let’s arrange it for next Thursday, January 9 during member night starting 6pm.

4 Likes

Give PJ White a call for lumber there is one off of marine near lee valley, they are more of a wholesaler but the one in Calgary would sell to whoever in whatever quanity and way cheaper than retail. Failing that Windsor plywood is worth checking out.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.