The Shop Apron Workshop Wednesdays from 6-9pm

Wednedays October 7th, 14th and 21st. We are a shop apron workshop, which is also introduction to the basics of sewing course. It will be for beginners and at the end, you will be able to use to sewing machine at the shop as well as own a well designed shop apron for your building needs around the shop. We will be building essentially this apron.

In this course, we will cover

• Basics of measuring the human body.
  • Basics of drafting patterns
  • Sewing machines and how do they work.
  • Basics of leather working (with a laser)
  • How to use straps and buckles.

All of these are super fun and useful in a wide range of applications. It will be a lot of info so come preparing to learn. And at the end you will get a well designed and customizable shop apron to use around the shop.

The cost of the workshop will be $100 per person, and Max class size will be 4 people. Which is about the cost of a basic shop apron, and Include about $50 of raw material including

Vinyl backed canvas
Leather for strap stay, and reinforcements.
Straps
buckles
Salvaged soft leather for pockets.

You can sign up by replaying in this thread. E transfers can be made to yeungx@hotmail.com

October 7th

• Sampath

October 14th

• Elizabot

October 21st

Hi Yeung

Please sign me up for the 7th?

I’ll interac you the $!

Thanks so much again for organizing this :slight_smile:

Sampath

I answered the original survey as “I’d like to make an apron”. However, I already know how to sew. I guess I’ll sign up anyway - for the 14th please.

If you just want the kit, you can just pay the $50 dollars for it. No need to take the lesson. But I recommend the workshop cause there is a few things that took me a bit of time to figure out that might trip you up. But then again if you are fairly experienced with sewing and pattern drafting you will probably be fine.

I will put you down for the course for now. Tell me if you change your mind.

1 Like

Sounds handy. Please sign me up for the 14th. Can I pay by cash or card at that time? Lincoln

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.