The next great thing for VHS-ARC VA7VHS

Folks - sorry to break this to you all - I am planning to leave Vancouver in the next few weeks and hence we will ideally need another Advanced certificate holder to sponsor the VHS - ARC station and callsign VA7VHS
Lets meet on Thursday 17th November @ 7:00 to set a plan in motion. Skype in if needed.

You’re leaving Vancouver? Like, moving away?

We’re not going to ban you from the VHS just because you move to Surrey. Now if you were moving to Port Moody that’s another thing :slight_smile:

@bruce
Yes - first off sailing for 3 + months then to move to the Kootenays

Wow, that sounds awesome! Any chance you’d be able to post pics or something here so we could sail with you vicariously?

(Also, I hope VHS-ARC gets an Advanced cert holder, probably I shouldn’t be derailing your thread…)

I’m an advanced ham operator but don’t come down to the space enough.

If anyone else comes forward, go for them first. I’m really not available for much.

Based on the past ARC activity, I don’t think much would be required of you. If you are willing to lend your name, and be a resource (either physical or online) then that would do nicely!

My hopes for the future of VHS ARC:

• Maintain a working station that can communicate locally on VECTOR, preferably with a battery that’s charged at all times.
  • Arrange everything else to take up absolute minimal space. Get rid of some of the more superfluous gear. Ideally not take up any bench space unless the station is in use, so all equipment is usable from the shelf above the bench, or mounted under the shelf as some is currently.
  • Acquire an SDR that can be connected to an antenna, so that licensed members can play with it (possibly remotely).

We can move the hackspace to the kootenays. Good luck on your next big
adventure Farrell. Come back and visit us when you’re in town.

This topic was automatically closed 364 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.