Super happy hacker House number 44 Saturday June 1st 2024

See title. More details to follow, this time we are having a joint event with Protospace in Calgary

6 Likes

How does that work? We zooming them in?

2 Likes

Oh man, we have to upgrade the video wall computer so we can put the video chat up on it in all its low fi pixelated glory.

3 Likes

Btw I should probably contact Protospace to let them know this is happening :laughing:

4 Likes

Oh boy this is short notice. I am going to make a post and see if we can set something up.

1 Like

Yeah… sorry about the short notice!

Ok, I need some details. We have a webcam and some stuff for virtual meetings in our classroom. What are we using to join? What time?

Ah yeah good question. We have a 1 hour time difference, but we’ll probably be starting around 7:30pm Pacific time. We usually do lightning talks around 11pm. VHS can set up a Google meet call for this.

Modified copy paste:

3 Likes

BYOB! More details here

That link leads to a Google calendar event insert :slight_smile:

I might sign up for another lightning talk :slight_smile:

I clicked “Publish” for the link, and this is what it does, sound about right?

Great event, despite the short notice!

I joined from Protospace, and we had a video call with VHS. We also had space tours from Protospace in Calgary, hacklab.to in Toronto, and Sector67 in Wisconsin!

4 Likes

This was really cool. I would really like to make this happen again and preferably with more attendance. It was awesome to talk to @dbynoe and @Janet again too.

Can we get a bit more info and notice next time? It would help us put together more people and stuff

2 Likes

I also want to help out with the next SHHH, and I think I could prepare a handful of lightning talks around my various multimedia/sensing/generative explorations. I was traveling just now which is why I had to miss this one, but I’d love to see the next event be well-advertised and well-organized and I’ll gladly help make it happen once somebody calls the next one.

4 Likes

VHS is a do-ocracy! You are empowered to take the lead if you wanted to! I would suggest a quarterly official shhh just so members don’t get burned out on constant hangouts and to get excited for the next one :slight_smile:

3 Likes