Soldering Workshop: Sunday, 29 Jan

I’m putting together a soldering night for Sunday, January 29th, starting 7pm sharp.

Limit 6 people, at $12 each.

No previous soldering experience necessary!

The class will begin with a brief discussion on what soldering is, how it works, and best practices, and then we’ll get down to it.

We will be assembling the VHS blinky badge for beginners and everyone will leave with a working project! No student left behind :slight_smile:

Buy your tickets here: Event Organizer: Become an Event Hosting Legend | Eventbrite

7 Likes

Bump!

2 Likes

This is next Sunday. If nobody signs up before this Sunday then I’m going to cancel so if you are on the fence, please grab your ticket or at least let me know you are planning to.

Not sure but these events used to appear on Vanhack group on Meetup.com as well but I don’t see it there. Perhaps you can add it manually?

Mark

1 Like

Added it to the meetup as well. Thanks for the reminder @Majicj

2 Likes

I noticed this workshop hasn’t filled up yet. Just posting to encourage people to sign up. Learning to solder at VHS was a gateway to many awesome things for me including circuit design, programming with arudinos, and fixing pretty much everything under the sun from robot vacuums to my laptop. It’s given me all kinds of mad powers.

Knowing how to solder is that missing piece to fixing everything. Once you have soldering skills you can easily fix things that in the past you probably (like me) would have throw out. Stuff like ipod headphones, flashlights, a toaster, or your laptop.

Here’s a photo of what you’ll make at the workshop:

It’s not hard to learn and you’ll get lots of help in this workshop. So come on out for a goodtime.

2 Likes

Currently 3 Seats Left

1 Like

Sold out. See you this evening.

4 Likes

5 people showed, out of 6 tickets sold, and every one of the walked out with a functioning VHS blinky badge! Awesome kit, @Jarrett, thanks so much. And it wouldn’t have happened at all without the help of @Janet and the indirect help of everyone who helps out at the space on a regular basis. I forget how much I enjoy teaching and I really needed that boost today after getting some bad news from the family back home.

Look forward to an intro to arduino/neopixel strip workshop in March by request, tentatively thinking Sunday 12 March

4 Likes

Great workshop @Miststlkr! I really enjoyed meeting those new people. Lots of interesting backgrounds and experience.:slight_smile:

Awesome stuff @miststlkr! Did anyone get any tweetable photos?

derp. I never remember to take pictures of anything.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.