VHS is looking to upgrade the controller on our existing reflow oven.
We are looking for donations to cover the cost of the new controller.
Cost is ~$175 Cad with shipping.
All contributions no matter how small are appreciated.
The VHS reflow oven has seen lots of use in many SMD soldering workshops, group builds and by individual members assembling their own boards.
Increased ease of use with colour touchscreen, improved hardware, and ability to have multiple heat profiles which will allow having lead-free solder and lead solder as two different profiles.
Whizoo has come out with version 3 of their controller which has many additions to our existing controller.
A quick summary of the improvements over Controlleo2
Giant leap forward to Controleo3
Controleo3 was designed to address ControLeo2’s shortcomings, and extend the controller’s capabilities far into the future. It retains ControLeo2’s strengths like ease-of-use, flexibility and openness but dramatically increases performance and useability.
- 4" 480 x 320 color touchscreen
- Processor is 12 times faster
- 10 times more memory and 40 times the storage
- Supports 6 outputs (up from 4)
- Support for up to 28 profiles
- PID support, with intelligent tuning
- SD card support for log files (coming soon), screenshots and reflow profiles
- Upgraded thermocouple IC has line-voltage filtering
- Hardware is more robust (dare we say idiot-proof?)