Smart Mirror - Help appreciated!

Hi everyone,

I am new to VHS, so happy to finally have found a space that I can bring some of my long shelfed ideas to life.

One that I am particularly interested in building is a smart mirror. I have it all pretty much figured out, apart from the glass/acylic two way mirror sheets.

There are a few different options:

  1. Two way mirror glass - bespoke, expensive and definitely the best for optics and distortion
  2. Acrylic two way mirror - available on amazon/aliexpress, cheaper, sensitive to distortion if the sheet is too thin.
  3. Two way mirror film on clear acrylic sheet - cheapest, unsure on how well it would work.

I think this is a faily common project so was hoping maybe someone has built one in the past? If so what approach did you take? Where to source the glass/acrylic?

Any other advice would be appreciated too!

Thanks,

Jon