Shoe Making/Repair Supplies in Vancouver?

Lately I’ve been repairing my own shoes and would like to pick up some supplies. My latest project is to resole a few pairs of birkenstocks for me and a few of my birk-wearing hippie friends. I’d also like to eventually make my own sandals…but that’s a ways off.

Does anyone know where a mere mortal (i.e. not a professional cobbler) could pick up cobbler supplies in Vancouver? I did put out an email to Labelle but they are a wholesaler so I may not do the volume they need to make it worthwhile.

https://www.labellesupply.com/

Anywhere else I should be looking? I need things like waxed thread, eva footbed material, suede blocks, glue, etc. Would rather buy locally.

2 Likes

Checkout Lonsdale Leather. They aren’t on Lonsdale, they are in the general area of VHS. Their website isn’t the best, but their in-store shopping is excellent and they know a lot about making footwear. Been wanting to try my hand at it for a while and they sell most of the supplies.

They also sell SneakerKits. The Summer 2 pattern may be if interest. Patterns | SneakerKit

4 Likes

hey thanks! I loved your sneaker build. I will definitely hit them up in person to see what they have going on. I’d love to do your build eventually. Oooo the Summer sneaker is awesome! Thanks Mist.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.