Sewing Organization and Maintenance session, 14th or 22nd January

I should be ok for the 22nd. If still need to do maintenance things. Sorry wasn’t able to make yesterday.

What’s up with the janome?

Also need a sewing machine foot for the antique singer that can do a straight stitch/zigzag and a few other supplies in the sewing area. Machine needles, seam rippers and some thread nippers

Anyone have luck with this?

1 Like

I’m late to all the parties, but I’ve also got an old, working serger that I’m looking to get rid of, would be very happy to donate it permanently to the space if it’s actually better than the others. Photos/details once I dig it out of storage, unless y’all tell me that you’re good with the ones you have.

I think we are good for sergers now - in fact, I may suggest getting rid of one of the ones we have.

1 Like

I neglected to update on the 14th, sorry all.

@taralee and @Omid and I organized some of the sewing supplies and re-hung the “clean craft area” sigh.

Good scissors are now in a box on one of the sewing table shelves, good irons are under the craft table.

We only got to a few of the sewing machines, but I believe @taralee spent some more time trying them in the days since.

Last I heard, we had 1 working domestic sewing machine (Kenmore Ultrastitch 6). We tried one of the sergers on the 14th and it worked nicely, @Redrosesforever has since dropped off a more capable serger.

I am planning to be at the space tomorrow (the 22nd) for my regular open hours (on the calendar 1;30-5:30) and I will have another look at some of the machines. I will also update the wiki page which we neglected to do last week.

If anybody would like to join me, please do @Index @Davonna @taralee @yeungx

4 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m sorry for jumping in here, but I’m just happy to see a group of sewers :–) and would really love to be part of the group! I’m currently taking a fashion design course and I am curious if someone can give me a tour. Possibly tomorrow, or these weekend. Thank you and hopefully to see you all soon!

1 Like

Hi Shanella!

You can come to the space during our regular open nights (Tuesday evening - check the calendar for hours) but I’m not sure if any sewists will be around.

I am normally around every other Sunday but I’m out of town at the moment. I may be in on the 26th, though.

Liz

1 Like

Hi @elizabot, thank you for the information! @Metal_Janet will give me a tour tomorrow and hoping to see you then on 26th :–)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.