Service/repair manual for Samsung SyncMaster 275T

Does anyone have a service/repair manual for the Samsung SyncMaster 275T (or SyncMaster 275T Plus because it is similar)? I have searched the Internet but only get noise, such as keyword spamming. I searched Amazon.ca , Amazon.com , and Barnes & Noble but only found noise there too. I do not even know if a service/repair manual for this model exists but I guess it does.

Edit: I searched The Pirate Bay too but only found service manuals for SyncMaster models that I do not have. I guess I should check the public libraries in Metro Vancouver even though I prefer an electronic book as an unrestricted file I can keep forever on my own computer, not a paper book I have to borrow or buy.

Edit #2: OK, I searched the Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Surrey, Fraser Valley public library catalogs, found nothing. For now I only want to know how to continue disassembling my SyncMaster 275T after removing the stand because my SyncMaster 275T seems to have died on Saturday so I wanted to check for hardware failures that are obvious with only a naked eye visual inspection, such as blown/bulging capacitors. I could not find disassembly instructions for the SyncMaster 275T, only for non-*T SyncMaster models, so thought the service manual, assuming one exists, would have disassembly instructions but I cannot find a service manual for any SyncMaster *T model. I should ask my friend who tried to fix my SyncMaster 275T Plus after it died if he remembers how he opened it because the procedure may be the same for the regular 275T. Or I could just leave my 275T with him to see if he is at least able to determine what failed. He was able to fix a 19-inch LCD video monitor by replacing at least one capacitor on the power supply board (internal power supply) but he was not able to fix the 275T Plus.

no idea how legit these guys are.

Try https://www.manualslib.com/

I already checked there. They have only the user manual and the quick start manual, not the service manual.

That Web site looks sketchy/dodgy. My income is currently so low that I do not want to risk spending that much money on what may be a scam.

I’ve purchased repair manuals from Tradebit before. Mind you this was like 5
or 6 years so not sure what they are like now. A former customer actually
recommended the site.

OK, so, long story short:

• My friend I mentioned said he no longer has time to try to fix stuff for me but he described in writing how to open the 275T but I still have not been able to open it so it is still sitting on the floor of my office, collecting dust.
  • I called Samsung customer service. They would not give me the service manual because they only give it to repair centres but they said I could still pay Samsung to try to fix it even though this model was already discontinued by 2012 as far as I know.
  • Proservice Electronic Group (correct name?) no longer has a location in Richmond, British Columbia, where I had a Samsung laser printer repaired under warranty around a decade ago, but they still have a location in Edmonton, Alberta but the Edmonton location said they do not have access to the 275T service manual
  • I have not tried to buy the service manual from Tradebit because I do not want to spend at least 20 CAD to buy the service manual when I do not know if this service manual, assuming that Tradebit delivers what they claim to offer, will even help me and, even if the service manual does help me to open the 275T, I do not know if the 275T is feasible to repair.

Does anyone have time to try to open my 275T to start, then at least check for failed hardware, such as failed capacitors, and maybe even try to fix the 275T? How about I pay you (anyone interested) 50 CAD if you can fix it? I think I would have to spend at least 100 CAD to buy a new video monitor as a replacement but it would likely not be as nice as the 275T. The 275T is already broken and unusable so it does not matter if trying to fix it means it becomes even more broken. The 275T is at my office in Tilbury in Delta but I have my own car so can arrange to deliver it.

I hate to be that guy, but you can buy a brand new 1080p 27" LCD monitor for about $180, and Craig has this one for $85.

The one you’re trying to fix has a 16:10 aspect ratio, and those are really rare and expensive these days, but at 27", the extra vertical doesn’t make much difference IMO.

If time isn’t an issue, you may want to bring it to the next repair cafe. This is an event where volunteer experts help owners fix old appliances and electronics:

As I said, a 1920×1080 LCD video monitor is not as nice as the 1920×1200 SyncMaster 275T and costs >50 CAD. I replaced the SyncMaster 275T with a spare SyncMaster 2243WM (1680×1050 TN AMLCD) that my company bought new in 2009. Yes, it is TN instead of VA or IPS but it is decent for a TN panel, not a pathetic TN panel like my Dell Latitude X1 notebook computer and many other products with an AMLCD panel. It is also the only model of video monitor I have that uses capacitive “buttons” instead of push buttons and that can convert the color image to greyscale. It can apply other effects to the colour image too but the ability to convert the colour image to greyscale is my favourite effect. I have not opened the links in your reply because the priority is too low and I am currently short on time but I will not buy a video monitor with a TN AMLCD panel because TN panels suck compared to proper VA or IPS panels. Maybe you linked to video monitors with VA or IPS panels but if you linked to video monitors with TN panels then I do not need to even open the links because I will not buy the products because there is no need to settle for a TN panel when I use a stationary computer with a modular hardware design that allows choosing the computer, video controller/display adapter, and display separately. Compromising on the choice of hardware components in your computer is for notebook computer users, who have to choose from a combination of computer and primary peripherals, such as input and output devices, chosen by someone else (who often chooses a pathetic, low-resolution TN AMLCD panel because they are designing a product for low production cost, not for high quality) due to the really lame monolithic hardware design usually still used by notebook computers that makes most notebook computers still less modular than an original IBM Personal Computer from 1981.

The SyncMaster 275T is still collecting dust on the floor of my office so I thought I should ask if anyone wants the 275T for $0 or best offer? This week my friend gave me a 22-inch Dell 1680×1050 AMLCD video monitor from 2007. I think it is only a TN panel but it seemed OK in the short time I used it as a secondary display to see if it seems to work.

My friend gave me a 23-inch Dell 1920×1080 TN AMLCD video monitor from 2011. I offered the SyncMaster 275T for zero dollars or best offer on Craigslist, received three replies on the night I posted, gave the 275T to the first person who replied, who said he wants to try to fix it because he cannot afford to buy a new display. He said he would tell me the result of trying to fix it. I only gave it to him last night so I have not yet heard back from him about the repair attempt.

Apparently the recipient of the 275T was able to fix it in the end by replacing a high-voltage polyester capacitor for the internal power supply, so the 275T lives again but with its new owner instead of with me. My friend has another 1920×1080 AMLCD television receiver/video monitor to give me but I have not yet gotten it from him. It is a Haier model, with an LED-backlit AMLCD panel. I do not remember which switch mode the panel uses and I do not currently have the model name so cannot check.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.