Roomba Repairs, Hacking, and all things Robot Vacuum

Did you know a group of VHS members fix up old roombas so they can continue to work as robot minions. Do you want to fix your broken roomba? Need help or parts? Are you looking for a robot helper of your own? Join us on slack in the #roombarama channel.

We also have a few roomba parts (in the bin under the 3d printers) and we love donations of broken roombas people would like to recycle.

So far, we have fixed:

• the circle of death (broken bump sensors)
  • jammed gearboxes
  • wornout sidebrush gears
  • roomba mainboard issues
  • faulty dirtbin errors and dirt sensors
  • broken cleaning head motors
  • broken caster wheels
  • worn out tires

Have a question about a broken robot vac? Ask in this thread.

4 Likes

Just posting this fix here. I have a Roomba 540 with mainbrush issues. I’ve ruled out a few things and I’m pretty sure I need to replace a mosfet as part of the U11 issue. Here’s some troubleshooting info in case anyone finds themselves with a roomba mainbrush that won’t stop turning.

http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/viewtopic.php?t=4607

1 Like

Shout to anyone who has an old or broken roomba they’re looking to donate or recycle. Currently we are in search of parts from any model, but especially from the 500 and 600 series roombas.

At VHS, we can always use more parts to fix roombas and it’s a great way to keep plastic and electronics innards working in other roombas. If you do have an old roomba to bring in please leave it in the plastic bin labelled “roomba parts”. It’s under the 3d printing area. Thanks

2 Likes

You can use Dustin for a parts roomba if needed

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.