Roof and envelope inspection

So last week is is a very thorough inspection of the roof and perimeter of the building. Well honestly mostly good news. It’s better then I thought, however, still in need of some imidialte repair on a few sections. Also the good news is that if we are paying for the reapirs, they will be inexpensive.
I’m including some pics so you all get an idea.
Thanks all for all your hard work these past 3 weeks have been really great! To see the potencial is amazing!
Pics are coming soon

4 Likes

This is greatly appreciated @faja66!

We’ve been hesitating on opening up the kitchenette wall until knew we wouldn’t make the issue worse.

The kitchen is actually not so much a roof issue but the flashing around the air conditioner is defiantly not good.

1 Like

@faja66 thanks so much for checking that out - really appreciated! What do you think is the best approach to fix it. Should we start with the flashing or do we need to open up the wall further to clear out water damage?

Ok wow am i ever late to respond but the thread is the right one. There is some immediate damage on the north east corner of the building beside our garbage bin thar needs adressing right aeay. I just did an inspection a week ago or so. Nothing that will cost to much, just lots of labor that i am willing to put in. Approx $100.00 for some siding material shoulf cover it. I can do it in 3 stages.
Stage1 - rip out old rotton sidding and any bad wood on that corner. Tarp it off so we can do a material count.
Stage 2- pick up material and do the repair. This includes new flashing and some new sidding panels.
Stage 3- wait for a dry sunny day to do painting. Keep it tarped off until then.
Again sorry for my lengthy delay in responding. I can carry out these repairs before Xmas.

4 Likes

ok before xmas…waht was i thinking! i am going to have a look today and get a material list together. trhanks all

2 Likes

Hey! I know @Majicj fixed a leaky bit of roof before xmas but not sure if this is the same thing you’re talking about David! Thanks.

I put some compound on the flashing on the roof above the kitchen which seems to have resolved the leak in the kitchen ceiling.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.