Request for historical vanhack.ca data for past week

Hi all,

Can we get a look at website traffic since Car Free day? Since the VHS website was on the stickers handed out, It would be good to get an idea of what traffic Car Free Day is driving to the website.

Cheers!

Without tracking on a specific campaign url it’s going to be tough to make a meaningful correlation between site visits and car free day. It might be more worthwhile asking people at open nights how they heard about us. Perhaps something we could add to the waiver? I can do that if you think it’s worthwhile.

I don’t think I have access to those stats but will dig around in wordpress to see if I can find anything. It’s also a good idea to have a tracking url for events/marketing materials. Down the road that might help us know what promotional efforts are worthwhile.

UTM’s easier to do that with QR code, impossible to do with a sticker.
we can sort of infer if there’s been a sudden spike since the days of car free day that people are visiting our website.

I hear ya - if I can find stats I will haul them out. Yep not seeing anything on the wp dashboard unless I’m missing something. But likely stats through digital ocean? There is google analytics code on the site so we have something…somewhere. @TyIsI or @ryanmaclean might know.

vanhack.ca
Analytics All Web Site Data Referral Traffic 20180611-20180618.pdf (67.8 KB)
Analytics All Web Site Data All Traffic 20180611-20180618.pdf (68.2 KB)
Analytics All Web Site Data Channels 20180611-20180618.pdf (66.3 KB)
Analytics All Web Site Data Audience Overview 20180611-20180618.pdf (74.5 KB)
Analytics All Web Site Data Location 20180611-20180618.pdf (180.7 KB)

We have analytics accounts for talk and membership subdomains but they don’t seem to be in use for some reason @TyIsI / @admin can we add GA to talk and I’ll add it to nomos?

GA code for talk.vanhack.ca:

<!-- Global site tag (gtag.js) - Google Analytics -->
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-73388434-5"></script>
<script>
  window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || [];
  function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);}
  gtag('js', new Date());

gtag('config', 'UA-73388434-5');
</script>
2 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks @laftho and @toma!

2 Likes

For some reason, an old code was in use for talk. Updated it to the new GUA code.

2 Likes

Awesome thanks everyone

I still want/need to de-duplicate/sort the logfiles, but alas, it’s still on my todo list. After that, we could potentially run webalizer/similar and get some actual stats.

2 Likes

How would you feel about us putting a google analytics dashboard plugin in wp - that way we could hop in and see stats for vanhack.ca without bugging the higher powers that be. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We also have the general dashboard in Google Analytics. Not sure if we could see all of it through just the WP dashboard?

1 Like

@laftho also just added me to Google Analytics account which is great!

https://talk.vanhack.ca/t/talk-metrics-and-analytics/8053

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.