Random Orbital Sander (Group Funded 💯)

We have successfully funded a pneumatic Mirka Sander for the hackspace.

1 Like

I’ve never used a pneumatic sander before, I’m curious about the noise level especially if sanding after 8pm with the noise of the compressor running will that be a problem?

1 Like

We shouldn’t be doing sanding after 8pm with our current sanders as-is. But to answer the question, the tool is rated at 75 dB per the linked page. I have no data on the compressor, but the compressor is currently used for things we do post 8pm. 75dB per this chart puts it in around a vacuum cleaner.

1 Like

i’ll pitch in 40. I’ll also donate my milwuakee orbital sander so we could have an extra orbital sander available that readily connects up to a shop vac for the times multiple orbital sanders are in use and we can fully retire that bosch ROS.

Running total: 60 Dollars.

2 Likes

Count me in for $50.

That’s $110 so far.

1 Like

put me down for $50. I want some of that sick pneumatic sanding action.

1 Like

Thanks! We have hit the halfway mark in less than a day we are currently at $160!

One thing I didn’t mention is these sanders have a paddle throttle, so if you need to vary the speed as you start to hit a delicate area, you can let up on the paddle a little and slow it down.

If you’ve used the sanders at VHS, please consider throwing in a couple bucks to help us get a grade-a sander!

1 Like

I’m in for $20.

2 Likes

I’m in for $20.

2 Likes

Put me down for $20 too.

2 Likes

Thanks!! We are up to $220 of $314 (incl tax).

1 Like

I’m in for $20

2 Likes

Up to $240 pledged. Anyone else want to put $10, $20 or more toward our next sander?

1 Like

Ive been able to work out a deal to get this for $280 all-in, if we can get this funded the last $40 I’ll go ahead and order it and we’ll have it in about a week.

3 Likes

@JohnC has pledged $20, $20 remaining!

1 Like

In for $20.

2 Likes

Thank you!! We made it! I’ve ordered it and I should have it at the space in about a week.

Once I have it in-hand I’ll reach out for interac payments.

3 Likes

Amazing - thanks for making this happen!!!

1 Like

Sander is on its way; the first one I got was the wrong model, the actual model we funded is not normally stocked so it is being ordered. We should have it in 1-2 weeks, but it is now paid for.

2 Likes

give us your etransfer email, so we can give you the money.

1 Like