Precix or Axiom CNC

Has anyone here had any first-hand experience with Precix and/or Axiom CNC machines that they would like to share? Tradeworks is looking to acquire a 4x4’ CNC router system and Precix and Axiom are two of the machines we are considering.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about either of those, but I just wanted to point out that CNC Router Parts is in Seattle and often supplies free/discounted stuff to Youtubers, so they might conceivably be receptive to a nonprofit pitch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, we’ll look into that.

Perhaps @Lukeo can offer some thoughts as he built the wood CNC?

1 Like

I guess there all pretty similar these days in terms of you get what you pay for. I’ve see cnc router parts kits go together on youtube and they look good for the cost. If you want a pre-made solution yeh Precix and Axion look fine. I use a https://www.fgpcnc.com/ at work and they are a Vancouver based CNC company. All cnc’s will have their quirks and program errors etc and I’ve definitely had a few problems at work but could just be the operator and some bad g-code being used. So not sure theres any machine that will fix those problem yet.

My company made all the mechanical parts for the Precix machines from 1992 when they were known as Omnicad. In 2003 I went to work for Precix as head engineer and production manager. I was there until 2009. After I left Precix began importing Chinese machines. Wefixprecix and Precixpartswarehouse are my websites. We have been servicing Precix machines for the last 10 years. I am easy to find, including my phone number. I have a list of customers who are happy with our products and service. What would you like to know about Precix machines?

I see that Tradeworks is a mentorship and transitional employment provider for the Downtown Eastside area of Vancouver. I would like to help any way we can with a CNC machine and/or training etc. Our help is not dependant on the machine you are interested in. We do help many High schools and tech-colleges in Canada and the US. Including Yale University, UCLA Architectural Dept, University of Portland. Please look me up and give me a call.

Hi Russ,

As of a couple of weeks ago I am no longer working at Tradeworks other than teaching their night classes. I know that they decided against the Precix based on all of the bad reviews online and are going with a different machine. However, I know that they are looking for someone to do CNC training once the machine arrives. I can put you in touch with the fellow who is in charge of that if you like.

Cheers,
Steve

Hey Steve. I would be happy to help with training. Please put me
in touch with the fellow who is in charge. My contact information
is below.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.