Pre Access Makeathon Space Cleanup & Doughnuts - Thursday 26th, 4:00 - 7:30 pm

This is the prefect excuse to eat delicious doughnuts which I will be bringing to VHS.

I’ll be working on cleaning up the space before the Access Makeathon event this weekend. Join me anytime between 4 and 7:30 pm for cleaning - it’ll be much appreciated. If you’re coming out to members night on Thursday why not come early and help to spruce up the place? Thanks!

Also…DOUGHNUTS!!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ll be there but probably not till after 5:30…
Hopefully there will still be doughnuts…

1 Like

Don’t worry - there will be a lot of doughnuts.

Just a reminder about tomorrow hangout and clean at VHS from 4 to 7:30. There will be tunes and doughnuts. Woot. Join me! :smile:

3 Likes

Hopefully not icing sugar covered doughnuts, or we’d just be making more mess! :slight_smile:

mmmm, doughnuts…

2 Likes

Why is it always donuts? Bagels, yum!

1 Like

Sure, I’ll come down, help out where I can.

1 Like

There’s Solley’s just a few blocks up Yew!

1 Like

Thanks for organizing this @Janet!

Thanks to all the folks who came out to clean tonight. Space is looking spiffy!

Donuts were the best. :slight_smile:

Mark

2 Likes

Space looks awesome. Thanks a ton @Majicj, @wander, @packetbob, @inezg, @robojeremy, @DerrickA4mag and anyone else I missed. Here’s what we did:

• floor swept
  • floor washed
  • chairs dusted/cleaned
  • sofa vacced
  • all working surfaces cleared and washed with vinegar/cleaner
  • garbages emptied
  • weird crap stored and/or tossed.
  • front desk cleaned up
  • recycling taken out
  • 3 week bins/member project area tided
  • other general cleaning/tidying

Woodshop could probably use a little sprucing/vac. People were working there this afternoon. We thought about lowering the front tables to wheelchair height but figured we didn’t know requirements so left alone.

Overall the space seems cleaner and more open. Thanks again everyone! You rock!

6 Likes

You are all great. Just wonderful people.

1 Like

WOW! As a new VHS member and the organizer of the Access Makeathon, I just wanted to say this is very kind of you. I hope we leave it as good as you prepared it!

3 Likes

Thanks Chad! No worries. We can be quite messy ourselves (hence the big cleanup).
I’m sure you’ll leave the space in great shape and we’ll be around to help clean up. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.