Poll: Which workshop series first?

I have had a good bit of interest in repeats of the chainmaille workshop that I assisted on and the papercraft workshop I ran and promised to do more of each so which do we want first? Vote here.

• Chainmaille
  • Papercraft
  • Dealer’s Choice

Wow, tough choice!

Edited: voted in poll

Thank you for doing this!

Papercraft please!

There’s an actual poll if you go tot he talk page, but I’ll try to track write-ins as well

EDIT: If you went back and voted after writing in, please kindly remove your write-in so it doesn’t get counted twice. they’ll both get run, just judging which to do first

Hmm, well as an fyi I use the email interface exclusively, so I wouldn’t even
see the poll unless it was linked in your post.

I vote for chainmaille, but on second thought, maybe do Papercraft first. I can wait for the chainmaille course.

It’s an integrated feature on the web interface, but I understand, I use the email interface about 90% of the time. FWIW, a thread starting with “Poll:” is required by the system to have an integrated poll. Thanks for weighing in

I’ll close the poll on Friday, that will be two weeks to chime in, I think that’s fair.

Can you elaborate a little on what might be covered in each?
Papercraft is a pretty large category.

Sure, the papercraft would be a repeat of the previous workshop I did with the same model available for newcomers and a different one available for anyone who is returning. Chainmaille would be the one I mentioned previously (more detail here) but haven’t yet run. It would be a beginner’s class and you would walk out with either a completed bracelet or key fob [same process, only difference is the time spent] or more likely one that is started and all the supplies to finish it at home, depending on how quickly you pick it up. It will likely be either a Byzantine or a Box Weave, I’m not sure which.

Both chain and papercraft have potential to be progressive series’ covering/teaching more in-depth if desired and/or regular [weekly? bi-weekly?] project nights.

Sorry for the delay, I had a bit of a rough weekend. Looks like Papercraft wins, unless I throw all of my Dealer’s Choice tokens behind Chain. So I’ll pull something together for the second-time papercrafters. Two questions:

1. I’m thinking of continuing/reviving the Monday Craft Night theme and holding this on the 23rd. Would that work for most?

2. For those who were at the last one*, how can I improve the night?

1 Like

Yes, please do. This needs to become a regular night again.

[quote=“miststlkr, post:11, topic:1214”]
2) For those who were at the last one*, how can I improve the night?
[/quote]Smooth jazz playing in the background and better glue (maybe charge a nominal fee for the night and use some of the proceeds for that?)

Sadly, I’ll be out of town for the week from Feb 23 to Feb 26, so another
date would suit me better.

Do you remember which glue you used? Maybe I’ll pick up some small bottles of Alleen’s to go around. I’ll work something out.

The next Monday I could make work would be 9 March. At that point I may as well just hold another night :wink: