Placing an Adafruit order Sunday

Splitting the shipping this many ways, funvill got the brunt of it at $8… I don’t think we need to bother shipping to the States, personally…

In fact, I’m calling it at this. We are at $199.61 and anything over $200 is required to use UPS. I won’t support the Brown Bandits so we’re capped out on this order. I’ll place as soon as everyone who is in confirms and checks their PMs

Looks good - thanks

My order is correct.

however I saw an error in the spreadsheet. @miststlkr, your item #1811 Pinhole Planetarium kit is 49.95, the spreadsheet says 0.95.

Also, here is a 10% off your order at Adafruit code: ADAPROMEM

Ah, typo on the sheet 1881 26AWG wire, not 1811 pinhole planetarium. SLIGHT difference :wink:

Coupon code invalid :frowning:

oops, sorry, that code was for kits … nvm

Order placed. See spreadsheet for what everyone owes.

[quote=“miststlkr, post:22, topic:1796”]
I won’t support the Brown Bandits so we’re capped out on this order.
[/quote] I 100% support your choice to avoid them. Some years ago, I was charged a surprise $60 brokerage free on a $90 purchase… Never again, UPS. :slight_smile:

I had the same. Combine that with their policy that they won’t deliver to a door here, they only leave a note saying to come pick it up at their store and screw that. Apparently our tower is part of some pilot program bull… or that was the story I was given about why they never ring and never try to re-deliver

That was fast. Shipment confirmation just came in. No tracking on international orders, but I’ll keep everyone updated

1 Like

Got notification that it cleared customs last night; llkely the last of the tracking updates but it should be any day at this point.

@miststlkr - I shall leave an envelope with payment in Dropbox at vhs this eve if you can put my stuff there to pickup - thanks F

Sure; I can do that whenever they come in.

Latest update on the tracking number:

Your item cleared customs in CANADA at 7:18 am on March 30, 2015.

@toptekkie and @lukecyca: got your payments

OMG so excited !
I want to bash so many buttons

Good news, bad news! I signed for the package today! After having to pay a $44 ransom that customs tacked on. I’ll divvy it all up and bring it in tonight. I’d appreciate a couple of bucks and/or a Tasty Beverage to chip in for the customs fees if possible.

GST: 14.09
PST: 19.72
Handling: 9.95
Total COD: 43.76

Six of us were in on it, so that would be $7 each if we divided evenly, which would really screw Luke and Hector as their percentage-based share would only be a couple bucks each so just chip in what you think is fair I guess. The percentage-based share is noted on the spreadsheet with highlighter-yellow if you want to go by that.

Still looking for payment from @hectorh and @JohnC

also ping: @toptekkie @lukecyca @funvill

I go back and forth between Canada and the US most every week.

I can receive the package in Canada to save customs. My absence is for 5
days as result I can bring back up to $800 each trip.

1 Like

Thanks, @tdwebste. Next time! I’ve never been hit with a COD like this from Canada Post. It’s the main reason I use them over the Brown Bandits.