Pile o LiPo batteries!

While doing some tidying I looked into this box of misc RC stuff

It doesn’t have a name or anything but more importantly inside of it I found a pile of largish RC LiPo battery packs…

Since these are not the most safe items to have hidden away (and don’t have a great shelf life) I have stuck them in the freecycle pile…
If they are still around in a week I’ll take them to a battery recycling place

4 Likes

Anyone object if I just take the bag? I don’t think I can use any of those batteries but I could use a non-incinerated house.

Edit: I’m taking it. If there are objections I’ll bring it back.

1 Like

I don’t think any of these packs is likely to turn into a spicy pillow in the next few weeks but it’d be really good to keep them in that kind of bag while they’re in the space. I’m not suggesting you should bring it back, just something to keep in mind for the future.

While we’re on the subject, there are probably more old LiPo’s lurking in the space, Someone Should™ do an inventory.

1 Like

Might as well take this opportunity to plug my Quora answer about Lithium batteries, how they get ANGERY sometimes, and how we can try to placate them.

While we’re on the subject, there are probably more old LiPo’s lurking in the space, Someone Should™ do an inventory.

There is actually a ridiculous amount of batteries lurking at the space of all shapes, sizes, and chemistries. Some of which are unlikely to ever be used. “Someone” should indeed look into that.

We do have a few boxes of Nokia batteries and once we get rid of these RC LiPos the Nokia will be next in the list…
Most of them have probably dropped below the safe voltage and the internal protection has probably shut the battery down anyways…

2 Likes

Please make sure you have put the batteries into a box or something rather than leaving them in a pile on the shelf…
Thanks

1 Like

I put them in a box before I left

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.