PCBs for sale (Tom's List)

I will check it out tonight and confirm that the part is correct…

I have yet to look at the board (don’t have Eagle at work) but it seems that the BOM and schematic reference a SOT-23-5 packaged MIC5205 LDO while the Mouser list shows a SOT-23-3 packaged MCP1700 LDO. When I get home I’ll see what the board is designed for…

Yep my instincts were right, the mouser list is wrong.

OK… Looking at the Dangerous Prototypes site a found a BOM and it lists the following MCP parts:
3.3 LDO = MCP1801T-3302I/OT
5.0 LDO = MCP1801T-5002I/OT

The only difference is that these are only 150 ma rather then the 250 Ma rating of the previous listed ones…
Tom will this make a difference?

Here is a link to an updated BOM:

Should be fine. Two are used for off board supplies and the third for the PIC. There is only 500mA available on a USB port anyway.

Thanks Bob, really appreciate you sorting this out.

All the bus pirate pcbs are taken for now. I’ll do another batch at some point, probably with a cheaper ftdi chip to reduce the cost a touch.

@jon, @Janet, @packetbob, @johnc I have boards to give you. There is no rush for me, I can hold them as needed.

Thanks @Tom. I’ll be in on friday after 6 pm so can pick up if you’re there. If not - some other time, no rush.

@jon @johnc I’ll be at vhs Tues around 8 if that suits?

@TomKeddie - I’m out of town at the moment, could you hold onto it until the Picollo electronics night?

thanks.

I’m in class on Tuesdays unfortunately.

Hi Tom,
If you have them, I’ll take one of the following:

Dangerous prototypes smoke tester (with slight mods)
Bus Pirate v3
Adafruit compatible motor shield
USB isolator

I’ll be at VHS tonight and hope to see you there. Not expecting you to have the boards but maybe you can put them aside for me.

Thanks.

I am all out of the Bus Pirate v3. I need to check out the smoke tester further before I pass too many out, I’ll bring a motor shield and usb isolator board for you tonight though.

If anyone is building the USB isolator I have a spare ADUM3160 chip (actually I have two) that you can have…
Though Analog Devices is very generous with samples and will send you some if you ask…

I also have all the other parts, they’re just not in ready to hand out - if people want a set of parts (without the chip) they cost $3, I’ll need a bit of notice to dig them all out.

@TomKeddie I’ll take a USB isolator board as well as the parts for it. No rush. Thanks! Hector (Cash ok?)

@packetbob I found my smoke tester prototype, I’ll change the polyfuses and see how I go.

@lukecyca I added the fet shield pdf to github, sorry about that.

@TomKeddie do you have any FET shield and smoke tester kits left? If so I’ll take one of each please

I think I have these, I have a hold on the smoke tester until @packetbob and I can verify the design.

@wander here are the photos sorry about that.

Note that the top photo is over exposed to show the hard to read print on the FETs.