Orange LED panels - Free

Anyone want these really bright LED panels?
They are 12V and Orange and approx 1.5 inch by 8 inch…
Half the LEDs on each panel have been shut off by the removal of a resistor that can easily be put back in place…

Halloween is not that far away…

1 Like

Well those are fun. What are they out of? I think they need to go into your car for more xmas party lights.

They are from a traffic direction sign thingy that typically sits on the back of a truck…
I pulled out the existing orange LED strips and replaced with an aluminum strip with rows of WS2812 pixels…

Ended up making 4 arrows and have them controlled with a ESPixelPOP running WLED…

Did not want the old orange LED strips to go to waste but also did not want to dump stuff at the Space unless someone can use em…

2 Likes

okay that is awesome

funny, my first thought was to try putting them on a jeep as amber flashers! :slight_smile: I would love to grab a couple, if possible. :slight_smile:

in the attached Arrow pic, is that the before or the after, and if ‘before’, did you keep the white LED panels?

1 Like

The arrow pic is after I replaced the orange LEDs with pixels…
The original setup was orange LEDs only…

You can have all of them if you want…
Just let me know when you plan to be at the Space again and I’ll drop em off…

1 Like

i’m there at least once a week, (twice since you sent this already,) so just chuck 'em in the dropbox when you can, and poke me so I know they’re there. I’ll get at them in short order once you do.

thanks. :slight_smile:

will do…

@Gavitron - I left the LED panels in the LED shelving (just outside the paint room)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.