New Member - want to shadow someone using the Pick And Place

Hi people,

I’m a brand new member, yet to actually physically come in for my initial tour. I mostly signed up to get access to the Pick And Place. Since I haven’t operated a P&P before, I’d ideally like to come in when someone else is going to use it, so that I can observe and learn. If anyone’s planning on coming in to use it on a weekend or evening and is willing to initiate me, please let me know. I’ll try to make the open house next Tuesday as well.

About me:
My professional background is in programming and security.
My other interests are painting Warhammer models, digital electronic design, and analogue audio electronics.
I like most kinds of music, but my favorites are black metal, witch house, rap, and trance.
I enjoy helping people learn about technical subjects. Ask me anything about programming, network protocols, applied cryptography, or software exploitation.

3 Likes

Hi,

The Pick and Place machine is on it’s way to UBC.

fwiw it’s a fully manual pick and place. i.e., u-pick u-place.

You might chat with @myelophone if you’re close to UBC?

https://talk.vanhack.ca/t/should-we-get-rid-of-the-essemtec-pick-and-place-machine/15375/40

Oh dear, what unlucky timing with the pick and place, however I can bet that you world still have a great time doing other interests at the space. There’s a few people who like miniature painting, amateur radio, and a while bunch of electronics! Tuesdays are a great time to come in and say hi!

Heck, you’ll probably be like me and find out not that you can’t use the pick-n-place machine, awww darn, but that I didn’t need it in the first place!

There’s just so many darned cool things here but I just can’t recommend the pick-n-place!