I’ve been in my place about 7 years now and things are starting to wear out (including me), this was my last 12 months or so.
- Dishwasher in the suite wasn’t draining, dismantled the pump entirely, weirdly it was full of rubber chunks (how did they get through the sieve?), cleaned and re-assembled, works fine.
- Washing machine wasn’t draining, pump was full of lint, again cleaned and re-assembled, works fine.
- Main dishwasher had the control knob broken off years ago, was using a screwdriver to change settings but it wasn’t reliable. Turns out the contacts on the knob were damaged in the process, traced out the circuit (resistor tree) and soldered in a bridge to fix it into “normal”. I worked out which was pots and pans from the hi-temp light and counted back.
- Cord on hand mixer was worn through, is a sealed unit, nearly chucked it out but opted for 5 layers of heatshrink to re-inforce it.
- Hot water unit pilot keeps going out. Cleaned, no difference. Replaced the thermopile, a little better. Still not fixed, might just replace it (is only 7 years old).
- Smashed the screen on my tablet, new screen is coming from Europe - managed to remove the old screen with little damage (the front camera lens gasket is a little worse for wear).
- Fridge in the suite is dripping. Ignored it for 6 months, finally took a look, seems like ice buildup in the insulation, defrosted it last weekend, results tbd.
- Main kitchen microwave became possessed and was starting by itself, ended with an EE error. This indicates the membrane keypad has a short in it, ordered the new keypad and replaced it, works well.
- Dishwasher in the suite (see above) is leaking, turns out someone mucked with the door gasket, part of it had melted off and ended up in the pump. New gasket and new door seal ordered, install pending.