Moving day is Tuesday, early morning

We do need someone to remove the tube, @rsim ?

This topic as a banner needs an edit. it says ā€œmessage me directlyā€ but doesnā€™t include your name or the thread name. It says ā€œwe need 3 drivesā€ and then says ā€œwe have 2 of 4 drivers now.ā€

The storage location is Science World, yes? Why would more than two trucks be efficient?
One at each location, and third in transit waiting for the first two to get our of the way.

In any caseā€¦ Iā€™ve driven them before for VHS, I can do it again. I donā€™t think I can make it to Penske at 7am.

Hi, Dan.

For clarification, the location is NOT Science World, but rather Science Worldā€™s offsite storage facility near Powell St. + Commercial.

We donā€™t need 3 trucks. Technically we only need one. It would probably be good to rotate out the drivers periodically since itā€™s going to be a long day.

Weā€™re going to need most of everyone at VHS loading everything else onto pallets. Unloading generally goes much quicker than loading from my experience.

[quote=ā€œiMakeRobots, post:22, topic:914ā€]
This topic as a banner needs an edit. it says ā€œmessage me directlyā€ but doesnā€™t include your name or the thread name.
[/quote]I wasnā€™t aware that banners didnā€™t display who posted the thread. I will update that.

It says ā€œwe need 3 drivesā€ and then says ā€œwe have 2 of 4 drivers now.ā€
[/quote]It says ā€œat least 3 driversā€. Four is better.

The storage location is Science World, yes? Why would more than two trucks be efficient?One at each location, and third in transit waiting for the first two to get our of the way.
[/quote]Itā€™s actually a warehouse on Powell, but yes, I agree that too many trucks isnā€™t efficient. The drivers are so that we can run the one truck in shifts, with no breaks throughout the day.

Someone suggested two trucks, but Iā€™m not convinced thatā€™s necessary, either. I expect that the loading the truck at VHS will be the big bottleneck, and every other portion wonā€™t take as long.

For everyone:

We still need drivers that can do a morning shift!

You do not need a commercial license, you just need to be comfortable(ish) driving a big truck.

Both of the current drivers need to be at work before 9, and are not able to get back to VHS before 4pm!

Thatā€™s a lot of wasted time.

Iā€™m in, can try to drive all day.

1 Like

Great!

Thanks, Tom. See you at 7 tomorrow?

One more driver during the day would be ideal

The laser cutter has its own wheels btw.

Ah yes, the laser tube had slipped my mind - thanks for the reminder Tom! Iā€™ll try to be down to remove it tonight, to make sure itā€™s ready to go tomorrow.

Ack.

Lets leave the tube out of the truck. Iā€™ll take it home for safe keeping.

How is the Vending Machine to be moved? It isnā€™t on a pallet yet.

If weā€™re going to build the pallets for the heavy equipment, weā€™ll need tools to build them like circular saws, claw hammers, etc.

Weā€™ll also need nails that can hold together; the ones that weā€™ve pulled out of the walls are badly bent and wonā€™t serve.

So far Iā€™ve heard of one pallet jack available at the Science World storage location. Can we get the one we borrowed before to the Bunker?

Vending machine is not our property, not our problem as far as Iā€™m
concerned.

Vending machine is awesome, and we should make efforts to move it for whoever owns it.

Iā€™ll ask facilities in a min if I can toss a few pallets into my truck tonight.

I can call in sick tomorrow if needed.

1 Like

I can grab pallets form work, they are excited to get rid of them. Shoulda asked earlier.

So Iā€™ll be at VHS with a truck around 8am, who else will be there? @JohnC, at what time can we start moving stuff into storage?

Iā€™ll be at VHS around 7-730. We absolutely need a pallet jack for the load-side. Can you see if you can rent one with the truck? If not, I can try and go buy one tomorrow sometime; but if we can rent/borrow one, thatā€™d be better.

Thanks David, will be good to work with you again.

This is my intention, whether or not more turn up.

Should I bring my nail gun, nails and saw so you can build frames for the heavy equipment between loads?

Yes. yes yes yes yes yes.

That would be much better than breaking out the palatized tools of VHS. We can deconstruct some scrap pallets to get the thin wood for the bottom of pallets, and use 2x4 for the rest of the construction. We can make some damn strong pallets that way.

There appears to be a circular saw there, but bringing a spare would definitely be great (in case the one we have is busted).

Also, does anyone have any slings / etc that we could use to lift equipment with the engine hoist? The engine hoist only has a hook on it.