In your experience, which are the most Linuxable laptop/Gaming laptop makes, either Clean or Dual Boot? Please add to the BEST & WORST lists, Thank you!
My ratings are
(1) DELLs: supersmooth Linux install (Dell also sells with Linux pre-installed option)
(2) Samsung: takes couple of (2 for Ubuntu) iterations
(1) SONY Vaios (keeps on looking for Windows/Recovery partition)
Happy Hacking 2020,
LINUX FRIENDLY LAPTOPS:
(1) Ubuntu Desktop certified hardware (OFFICIAL UBUNTU)
Only DELL, Lenovo & HP make the cut.
(2) How to Buy a Laptop for Linux
(3) A Guide To The Best Laptops For Linux 2019
(4) Best Linux laptops of 2020: the top open-source notebooks
(5) In your opinion, what is the best Linux laptop?
LINUX UNFRIENDLY LAPTOPS:
(1) Laptops for Linux - any manufacturers to avoid right now?
“In my experience working as a sysadmin at a university which requires Linux/BSD installations, Samsung, HP, Fujitsu, and Sony are all to be avoided like the plague. That’s not to say they definitely won’t work, but they just have more problems than Dell, Thinkpads, or even Acer and Toshiba.”
Install Linux, say Ubuntu in two steps:
(1) Plain vanilla (no multiple Partitions) using the Image DVD of Ubuntu LTS, complete the installation.
(2) Re-install Linux with UEFI BIOS (keep at least 105 MB for it) and then choose Multiple Partitions as you want: /, SWAP, HOME (ext4, LVM, etc.)