Modular BMS Chips

In contemplating the space having tons of drill batteries, does anyone have practical experience with modular BMS systems?

A lot of the cool ideas that have been proposed would require ganging many batteries together. The plus side, from my googling last night, is that this is a problem that EVs have to solve, so there seem to be some BMS chips that help manage these problems, but they seem like a bit of a can-o-worms.

2 Likes

Oooooh I was at an Infineon BMS tech talk last week and they were talking about modular BMSs - I don’t have any practical experience but I can definitely send the slides over to you…

(I think it’s really cool and we should try to implement something if only to learn how the modular BMS systems work)

5 Likes

The presentation was too big so I had to upload it elsewhere…

3 Likes

Does anyone want to spear head this project. Ordering BMS, organizing the designs. I will be happy to help out but I don’t really know what I am doing on that front. I would love to convert our drill batteries into powerbanks for phones, robots, cameras or ebikes. Knowing how to wire them up would be super cool, and it would be a good use of our crazy amount of batteries.

1 Like

Hi folks - I’d love to be coordinating/spearheading this project!

I have a personal e-bike BMS based on VTC-6’s I got from @Brian_Stubbs which has been progressing sluggishly so hopefully I can take both of them ahead together.

I’ll make a post on the donations thread @yeungx!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.