Member Storage Update: Full House, no more totes

Hi all,

Just a heads up that the Member Storage tote racking is now at full capacity.

If more members want to have a storage tote, we’re going to have to

a) organize another group buy

and

b) reorganize or remove a significant amount of our current shelving

Thanks to everyone who participated in the initial test run. I know that it was a bit rocky, but I think we got there in the end.

Cheers,

• Andrew
8 Likes

Thank you Andrew for a tremendous job you pulled through! I am pretty sure many people including myself appreciate it.

1 Like

Number of locker units?
Number of totes were possible in the space taken by the lockers space.

How many more members were accommodated by the switch to totes?

Nice. Do you have a final count on number of totes we have now vs number of lockers we had?

Great work Andrew:

From what I recall members are allowed to supply their own totes as long as they fit the standard dimensions that are currently being used at VHS.

Also wondering if perhaps we can use some of the newly freed up space under the worktables to store totes. This would alleviate having to reorg too much shelving at least until after we move.

Mark

2 Likes

Oh no :open_mouth:

I just came on to ask about getting a storage tote.
Can that work according to what Mark is saying?

1 Like

Hi @Majicj,

From what I recall members are allowed to supply their own totes as long as they fit the standard dimensions that are currently being used at VHS.

Also wondering if perhaps we can use some of the newly freed up space under the worktables to store totes. This would alleviate having to reorg too much shelving at least until after we move.

That’s correct, as long as they are ULINE totes as per the Policy: http://vanhack.ca/doku.php?id=memberbins

1. Each member has the option to purchase and store on VHS property exactly 1 (one) ULINE S-9745 color Gray bin
  1. VHS commits to having the bin stored on VHS property
1 Like

[quote=“tdwebste, post:3, topic:7849, full:true”]

Number of locker units?

Referring to Please Claim (or Reclaim) Your Locker

45, including some lockers used for space functions like the drop box. Some folks had multiple lockers,

Number of totes were possible in the space taken by the lockers space.

40 totes. Also, a 4 part locker was re-purposed for Fire Extinguishers, Drop box, Lost & Found, and Cash Donations.

How many more members were accommodated by the switch to totes?

My rough count is 26 original colonists, with 14 more new lockers for 40 in total.

1 Like

About making it possible to have more totes in the space, I’m suggesting that if we don’t have enough space/money for racks, we could have boards on wheels that could handle 3-4 totes vertically, which would provide the ability to store them very tight, and just wheel them around to access the one you need.
There’s probably a wheeled thing that exists for the exact type of totes we’re using, or we could easily build some…
I really like the whole tote thing that Andrew (et al.?) implemented, and I would find it fair if we could push it forward as long as more members are interested.
Good, efficient storage makes everyone’s life easier!

1 Like

There is no requirement that the bins need to live on the new shelving units. If you see other spots in VHS where they could live, then anyone should feel free to do(ocracy) it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.