Looking to buy a wire wrap tool

I want to get a manual wire wrap tool for electronic prototyping. Does anyone have one laying around that they would be willing to sell me? It should be for 30AWG wire, and include a stripper.

There is one at the space, if you are ok with doing your wire wrapping at the space instead. It’s above the wire spools by the component shelves

You mean the motorized wire wrap gun? It appears to not work, even with good batteries.
I still want a hand tool that I can use at home.

I’ll bring mine in tomorrow but it is going to be a VHS tool donation. So please leave it at VHS.

The one I have is sells at RP Electronics and listed at $84 so please don’t run off with it.

I’ll have another look at the wire wrap gun. It was working fine when I donated it.

Mark

3 Likes

Hi Liam - did you try to fix the wire wrap gun beyond batteries? What does it do when you turn it on? Nothing?

I’ve dropped off my wire wrap tool with the rest of the wire wrap kit.

I’ve also grabbed the wire wrap gun to take home. Need to find some ni-cad batteries as the gun specifies only these kind of batteries must be used.

Mark

2 Likes

Hey Mark - does Lee’s carry those? I’ll be there tomorrow. Let me know.

@Janet: No; They unfortunately don’t have them at Lee’s.
Interestingly though, they do have wire wrap wire and sockets.

Hey! I actually meant batteries for the space one. But I just got back from
Lee’s. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 364 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.