Looking for someone with with access to a large table saw

Hi,

I have two nice panel doors (18 inch x 80 inch) that I want to use in a closet door frame that is too narrow for the current size…

So I need to rip 1.5 inch off each side to cut them down to the required width…
However I only have a small 10 inch table saw with no table and I dont think Ill get a straight enough cut.
Anyone have access to a saw with a large panel table (and long fence) to make such a cut?
I can transport the doors to anywhere and willing to pay whatever it is worth to you…
Can also bring my own blade…
And beer or whatever…

Thanks

1 Like

@Stevemopolis can Tradeworks help out here?

1 Like

I can probably help you out @packetbob. We have a cabinet saw with a long outfeed table at Tradeworks. If you can bring it by at the end of the day (4’ish) I can help you. Alternatively, clamps a long straightedge along the length of the door and use a Skilsaw running along the straightedge. That is how I typically cut up plywood by myself.

2 Likes

Hi Steve,
That would work…
Would nowish work…

Tradeworks is closed on weekends. Try me on Monday or, if your need is immediate, borrow a Skilsaw from VHS or the Tool Library and use the straightedge method. It works pretty well and should give you a pretty clean cut.

Thanks for the offer
I will try to scare up a decent straight edge and try cutting them down with my skill saw…
If that doesn’t work I will make arrangements with you later in the week…

1 Like

Hey Bob, one tip - it’s important to set the skill saw depth just a little deeper than necessary. Cutting with a overly deep blade made the saw wander a lot for me. Also consider using blue tape to reduce chipping damage. good luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.