Led Video Wall Mark 2 - the dawn of the rise of the final of the revenge of the return of the retina cannon

Just saw this thread. I’ll chip in $20. I have some idea for using the LED wall

5 Likes

This is truly epic. Thanks for keeping this rolling @dbynoe

3 Likes

Lot of heavy lifting being done by these three words

3 Likes

Lot of heavy lifting being done by these three words

well… I mean one panel runs just fine for now plugged into that power bar on the floor… which is plugged into that other power bar… which is in turn plugged into that other other powerbar and then into the only outlet on the front corner of the room closest the kitchen. So really, if I get a longer piece of 12 or 14/3 we are golden :stuck_out_tongue:
There is another outlet on the wall back there but it appears to be dead.

2 Likes

Second video wall is in!
(values of in do not include having a PC, having power nearby, or a plan of what to do with this thing see bottom of post for details.)

Thanks to everyone who helped with the hoiking it onto the stands (sorry for not catching everyones names, but you are all beautiful people)

Here is what it looks like from outside:

This is whats holding it to the wall, the carbon composite rectangle is secured to two studs with long screws, and the screen is in turn screwed into the carbon composite. I slapped it and said this baby is not going anywhere so we are good I think. The weight of the screen is held by heavy steel legs bolted to the screen. All steel was sustainably sourced entirely from the VHS scrap bin, hence the free detailing on some parts. Be advised that if you do unscrew it from the wall it will want to tip forward, so there are two extra steel bits that can be inserted into the feet to prevent that should removal become necessary.

This here little bastard on the right side is the sender card, hook up a computer to this with hdmi or DVI and it will mirror your screen.

Todo, if anyone wants to take any of this on please let me know, im just happy its up and I need a break :stuck_out_tongue:

• Feed the @KittyCat to connect the outlet in the corner to a junction box, the bx to the box is tucked in behind the furnace vents, screen can theoretically draw 1400w, but I am running it at 50% brightness so it will draw significantly less.
  • grab a PC from downstairs and connect it to the screen, needs to have HDMI or DVI and windows to run the ledset up program for dimming control etc. bonus points if you can figure out some sort of monitor mount like we have on the video wall downstairs, doesnt need to be as fancy.
  • source a smart plug so we can turn the power fully off on demand, we can blank the screen in software but the power supplies and their fans continue to run
  • Come up with a plan of what we want to display on here, some ideas proposed:
    • sidewalk interactive pong game
    • rotating media art installations “this weeks artist is…”
    • your idea here
7 Likes

meow? Food? Where??

2 Likes

This is totally amazing. Thank you!!! I mean…All Hail Hynotoad!

3 Likes

nooo shut up you’re not even my real dad

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.