LED Arrows

My plan was to mount them above the window (west wall above window by laser cutter) but I could not find any decent backing to screw into. I’m going to make up some plywood strips which I will use to secure to the top plate and then hang the 4 arrows…

Temporarily I have mounted a couple on the wall near the paint shop door (where the Lasertube display will actually go) cuz i did not want to leave without leaving some pixels burning…

There is a grey box below the arrows with switches to turn off the display if you get tired of the blinky flashy…

FYI…
I have made various drill holes in the walls looking for backing and will repair all once the displays are mounted (or at least cover with duct tape)
The displays are powered by 5V from a power supply in the grey box so the cabling on the wall is all low voltage…
The grey box has a seperate power switch for various displays and each one is fused.
Also has a meter for voltage and amperage just cuz I had one…
The 5V is set a bit high to allow for the voltage drop in the power cables…

2 Likes

Looks awesome!
The walls of the paint and mess room are basically drywall, air and hope above 7 or 8’. You’d think there’d be studs, but you would be wrong.

Near as I can figure there used to be two or three subdivided offices that ran across to where the lounge is now with a false ceiling above, they took the former two out, and slapped up something cheap to fill in the gap to the ceiling on the remaining room.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.