Laser Training - Tuesday 7 Feb Afternoon

We had a request for a daytime weekday class so I’ll be running laser training next Tuesday, 7 Feb, in the early afternoon. If anyone else wants in then we will nail down the exact time that works for the most people.

As always, training fee is $30 which goes towards maintenance, upgrade, and upkeep of the laser and related equipment. You must be a member of VHS before the class starts in order to sign up.

1 - @womanundone
2 - @stopmotionerin
3 - @steven
4 - @Yaremko
5 - +1

2 Likes

Hi, How often does laser training happen ? I think it will be a month or two before I have a design ready to be cut …
Also, what are the specifications of the laser cutter, i.e. x-y dimensions ? (I’d be cutting PS sheet ~0.04" thick).
Just asking because I have yet to sign up for a membership.
Also could someone advise what version of solidworks VHS has ?

Thanks,
Rob

VHS has Solidworks 2014. It’s worth noting that most of us (even Solidworks
professionals) have moved over to Fusion360 because of its compatibility
and excellent licensing deal.

Check out the laser specs here:
https://vanhack.ca/doku.php?id=tool:redsail_cm1080_laser_cutter

Training is run really regularly, whenever there are three or four people
on the waitlist. I don’t think anyone’s had to wait for more than a couple
weeks, recently.

Regards,
Jarrett

2 Likes

There is usually at least one training course per month.

Details of the laser cutter can be found here:
https://vanhack.ca/doku.php?id=tool:redsail_cm1080_laser_cutter

I recommend getting trained up and doing some practice projects in advance of your “real” project.

Not sure about SolidWorks. Most people who don’t have their own copy of SolidWorks have switched to Fusion 360.

3 Likes

I’m interested in getting trained in laser cutting. how do i get onto a wait list? thanks :slight_smile: Erin

2 Likes

On this training, just say so. On a not-weekday training, see Issues & Requests - VHS Talk - Vancouver Hack Space

id like to do the training, week day is fine. Is it happening this tuesday or did I see something about the laser cutter being broken? thanks. Still getting used to this new system, I keep missing messages :wink:

Yes, this training on the 7th is still on. It’ll be good to see you again.

Laser is working fine. I didn’t set a time in the initial post. 1:00 work for you two, @stopmotionerin and @womanundone?

1pm works for me :slight_smile: @miststlkr

1 Like

Please add me to the list. Open availability.

1 Like

One spot left. Waiting on @womanundone to confirm the time since she started this one :stuck_out_tongue:

YES! Thanks. Sorry for the delay. See you tomorrow at 1pm.

1 Like

How may I pay the fee with Paypal? Thanks.

@steven - on the website you can make a “one time donation”

1 Like

I’m on

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.