:sparkles: Laser Training :sparkles:

Upcoming Dates for Laser Training:
Thursday February 3 @ 5:30 PM
@Jeff.L
@Paulioishere

Thursday February 10 @ 5:30 PM
@macintoshsj
@modularmat

Training usually runs for about 1.5- 2 hours.

This training is required to be able to use the laser cutter. We will go through safety, setup, and all the things you should know to get you started on your laser cutting journey.

Due to COVID-19, this event is limited to 3 students each slot. Don’t worry if you miss this one, we will run more training in the future. Reply to this thread to save your spot.

All covid precautions will be taken where possible, masks, sanitizing all surfaces, air flow, distancing where possible, etc.

Bring a vector .dxf file or an .svg file and we can laser cut something after the training! Looking forward to meeting everyone and hearing about your ideas.

The cost of training is $30 which will go towards keeping the laser functional.

Completion of the training will grant access to the use of the laser cutter, and you must be a VHS member to use the laser cutter once trained.

You can drop cash in the donation box, e-Transfer to directors@vanhack.ca, or make a donation via PayPal on Membership - Vancouver Hack Space .

Further Reading

6 Likes

Hey there! Sorry I just found out the laser is booked at 530 on the 27, but have added another Thursday.

2 Likes

I jumped on for laser training, but didn’t read the fine print about it specifically being for women and non-binary. Ill keep my eye out for more training sessions in the future.

4 Likes

Feb 3rd, I’ll be happy to train anyone who signs up! (@Jeff.L you included)

2 Likes

@Alanna_h

I totally want to but unfortunately I can’t swing that particular night. I appreciate you following up. Please keep me in mind if you happen to be hosting any more sessions or hear of any other laser training!

Cheers.

1 Like

I completely lied. I moved around my plans a bit and it looks like I can make it work after all! @Alanna_h please count me in!

Thanks.

2 Likes

Great! See you there

1 Like

:pineapple: (!)

1 Like

@Paulioishere

Ring the bell if you’re here!

The new door bell doesn’t work yet unfortunately! Knock loudly!

2 Likes

Hi all! Can sign up for the training on the 10th? I am a new member…

1 Like

Great! Welcome to the space :slight_smile: I will add you in the slot for the 10th

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi! Can I still get in on the training this afternoon? All good if it’s full up already

@matt

absolutely!

I’ll put you in :slight_smile:
see you at 530

@modularmat @macintoshsj Matt and Shane- I’ll see you at 5:30 at VHS! The doorbell doesn’t work so knock loudly and I’ll come get you. Looking forward to hearing about your future projects!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.