Laser Training Nov 24th, 4 pm

Upcoming Date for Laser Training:
Nov 24th at 4 pm

Comment below if you’d like to sign up :left_speech_bubble:
@Katamari_Wurmhole
@schwarrrtz
@Kris_Clark

Training usually runs for about 1 hr 45 min - 2 hours.

This training is required to be able to use the laser cutter. We will go through safety, setup, and all the things you should know to get you started on your laser cutting journey.

Due to COVID-19, this event is limited to 3 students each slot. Don’t worry if you miss this one, we will run more training in the future. Reply to this thread to save your spot.

All covid precautions will be taken where possible, masks, sanitizing all surfaces, air flow, distancing where possible, etc.

Bring a vector .dxf file or an .svg file and we can laser cut something after the training! Looking forward to meeting everyone and hearing about your ideas.

The cost of training is $30 which will go towards keeping the laser functional.

Completion of the training will grant access to the use of the laser cutter, and you must be a VHS member to use the laser cutter once trained.

You can drop cash in the donation box, e-Transfer to directors@vanhack.ca, or make a donation via PayPal on Membership - Vancouver Hack Space .

Further Reading

:sparkles: There are also some upcoming dates for workshops that include training:
more info here :sparkles:

Creative Laser Cutting Workshop led by Allie (assisted by Mimi!)
*members must attend both classes to be granted continued access to laser cutter
*non-members will have the option of signing up during or after the workshop and be granted laser access
Dec. 1st Thursday 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
and
Dec. 3rd Saturday 9:30 am - 11:30 am

Creative 3-D Printing Workshop led by Mimi (assisted by Allie!)
Dec. 8th Thursday 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
and
Dec. 10th Saturday 10:00 am - 12:30 pm

4 Likes

I would like to be apart of this one if its not full

I’ll put you down! See you then :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to join for the Nov 24th session if possible!

1 Like

gotcha. I’ll put you down!

2 Likes

thanks!

Excellent! Thanks Alanna, see you then.

I’d like to join on the 24th if there is still space.

1 Like

Gotcha. See you then!

@Kris_Clark @schwarrrtz @Katamari_Wurmhole
Hey everyone! Apologies I’m running a little behind on some things, and will start at 4:15. See you soon!

I’ll be there in a few minutes!

https://vanhack.ca/doku.php?id=tool:laser_cutter:settings

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.