Laser Training Nov. 2020

Here’s a few dates for laser training for November, post here to claim one of the three spots for each day.

Saturday November 14, 3pm

Saturday November 28, 3pm

All covid precautions will be taken where possible, masks, sanitizing all surfaces, air flow, distancing where possible, etc.

Here’s the details:
Cost is $30 donation to VHS, payed in cash at the training or ahead of time as a paypal donation here
Usually runs about 2 hours.
Completion of the training will grant access to the use of the laser cutter, and you must be a VHS member to use the laser cutter once trained.

More details and further reading

If you would like to stay after and make something cool, bring a vector file saved as a .dxf or older version .ai and we can try it out!

3 Likes

@madeleine @Yannick_Tremblay @peach @DeerBacon

Thanks for setting this up! Can I do Saturday 14 November please? I’ll read up on the docs and try to prepare a test item.

(I technically took the training in 2016 but since forgot everything)

Yes, thanks so much!
May I have a spot on Saturday the 14th as well?

I would love a spot on saturday the 14th!

Ok, see you guys on Saturday.

I’ve cancelled the Tuesday class as there wasn’t interest for that date.

Anyone else that needs laser training can post here for the 28th.

I would like to take the training on november 28 I will pay in cash at the training.

Put me down for the 28th please :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like the training on the 28th if possible. Thanks.

Hi there,

I would like to do the training but it seems the spots may have filled up for Nov. 28 as well… Will take any drop-out space if that happens!

• M

Can I confirm that this is still happening in person? I’m not sure if this constitutes a “gathering” under provincial guidelines.

It looks like it should be fine to go ahead. I’ve got another person lined up for next Thursday at 6pm if one of you would prefer that time, otherwise I’ll see y’all tomorrow.

Thank you!

I know it’s kind of a late notice but is it possible to join the one today? I’m not yet a member but have applied already :)?

Hey Anuras, probably will cap this one at 3 people, do you want to drop by this Thursday at 6pm?

Yes, I would!

Given the laser is out of order I assume this is postponed?

Right, yes it is, I will let the other person know as well. Thanks for the reminder. Hopefully we will be able to get you set up on it next week, I’ll let you know.

Hi! Sorry for the super late notice, but could I also please join the next available session when it happens?

Hey Francesca, I’ll message you when the next date is scheduled