Laser new material approval request

Hi @LCC,

I’m interested in laser etching some logos into wood and would like to spray a layer of Plasti Dip (spray on rubber coating) which I could then peel off later. I found an msds for this product and was hoping a someone from the LCC could check it out and see if it would be ok.

Thanks!

MSDS Plasti Dip.pdf (39 KB)

1 Like

Hi Brad:

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the LCC.

Can you provide any documented examples (YouTube, blog, etc) of this particular process being performed using a laser cutter?

Mark

https://darklylabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360004748395-Rubber-spray

1 Like

Hey @brad have you tried masking tape at all? I have not - just curious as it’s been recommended to me before.

Hey Janet, thanks for the suggestion, I have tried painters tape as well as transfer tape but because the wood I am using has alot of imperfections and cracks, the tape doesn’t cover all the little crevices and therefore after I etch and then paint over the design, the paint seeps under the tape where it is not smooth and the tape doesn’t stick to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.