Recently I have had several occasions when I use the Laser Cutter, that once I hit “Start” in LaserCad, the cutter does nothing and when looking at the screen on the cutter it says “Pause”.
My solution so far has been to turn the laser off and wait a few minutes then try again. After a few tries, it starts working again. But it appears to be random.
Things I have tried (that have not worked):
- Hitting the “Pause/Continue” button on LaserCad (this changes the cutter screen to “Work” and the timer starts counting, but the laser is still not working)
- Hitting the “Datum” button on LaserCad (resets the laser cutter, but it still does not work)
Before I hit the start button, I do the following:
- Load my file
- Assign layers and speed/power to each layer
- Make sure there are no Layers with Output disabled
- Run Box/reposition/download and repeat until satisfied with results
I’ve looked through the wiki and have not found any details on this happening.
Does anybody know why this is happening and what is the real fix?