ISO: Milll & Lathe training

I’m in search of someone to train me to use the mill and the metal lathe. I would be happy to pay for the time and materials for someone to demostrate the machines. I found some training application forms on the machine shop channel on slack, I filled out and submitted them but have not heard back from anyone. Is there a better way to book these things?

Thanks all,

Brandon.

+1, I would like to join as well :slight_smile:

Mee too. I have nothing pressing but would love to learn that mystery machine!

Interested :slight_smile:

Just bumping this thread. Is anyone availible to do this training? Name your price, ill pay you real money :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m going to jump in with a request for metal lathe training, too. Real money is also on the table!

Hi All,
Those interested in machine training are encouraged to submit a request in Slack. Request forms can be found in the #machine-shop channel bookmarked at the top of the channel.
Cheers,
Brad

The only link I see in #machine-shop is committees:machineshop [Vancouver Hack Space] which is not a request form. Are you able to add the link or am I looking in the wrong place?

Something like this:

1 Like

Slack. So on non-mobile, it seems that the only place bookmarks appear is in an unlabelled bar with cut-off names, right between the obvious ‘this is the channel-related info’ and ‘this is the actual channel’ parts. I have now signed up. I was just blind but also it’s not super obvious, let’s be fair! :upside_down_face: