I would like to host an event, how?

I would like to create an event titled:

"Low cost DIY analytical devices using sensor circuits and analytical methods for testing water quality, food contamination, biohacking and more! "

December 13th/14th would be a good date, it would take around 2 hours and I would present two analytical devices I had made with commercial sensors and how they could be used for interesting things. I have already had members mention they would be interested in such a talk, just want to formalize it.

Thanks,
Nikita

4 Likes

This page has some links on the bottom that have a lot of helpful information for running workshops:

http://vanhack.ca/doku.php?id=list_of_requested_workshops_and_classes

(Also some requests if anyone else wants to run any!)

Your next step would be to finalise a date, and then get a keyholder to bottomline it - But you’re a new keyholder yourself, aren’t you? Congrats! :smiley:

If you set a date and time, someone will add it to the calendar, or give you calendar access. If you want access to the blog to write a news post, we can do that, too. And social media, too.

3 Likes

I’ll be running an event on the 13th (its on the calendar) but it’ll only be utilizing the woodshop. As a keyholder, you can bottom-line your own event, but even still I recommend having someone around to help with the door, or designating someone to help out who is an early arrival :).

I had few suggestions last night in here which are useful for hosting in general:

Congratulations and thank you for this. Confirm a date and specific times, calendar will happen, then start advertising the event and prepping!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Sweet thanks @nikita sounds interesting!

14th would work fine, 7pm. Lets set this date and time.
Can we put this on the calendar?

2 Likes

Awesome @nikita !!! Thanks!

Looks like this didn’t get added to the calendar which I’ll do now. Is the 14th at 7 pm still good or would you like to push this out to the new year (just a suggestion as it’s a busy time so turn out might be low). Also let me know how long the event will go.

Thanks Nikita! Looks interesting.

Is in the calendar - Dec 14th

I spoke to Nikita and unfortunately this event isn’t happening this week as he has had to leave town urgently. Hopefully we can reschedule this early in the new year.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.