Hey, hello, hi there!
I’m New! My name is Evan and I have been a hacker since I could swing a hammer at a VCR (I liked taking things apart, I adopted a screw driver eventually, and all my VCRs were sourced by my dad). I have been hacking throughout my life and been alone doing it until I found you guys! I am very excited to have people to tinker with, near, and around the VHS membership.
My applicable skills include:
- Welding (certified: everything but TIG)
- Carpentry (second hand)
- Computers (Struggling self taught, but a passion)
I have a few projects I have been stumped with and would love help (BTW, I know it’s a lot, and don’t expect help on any of them, but a hand would be GREATLY appreciated. But I usually find a way):
- Installing Libre boot on an x200 - I don’t think my BIOS chip is supported, but I would love if someone with experience to go over my process or take an attempt it. Good chance I missed something.
- Installing Linux on a rack mounted server - Never encountered SAS before, and can’t seem to either get my install media working or recognize my RAID 5 array.
- Building a drone - I bought a bunch of parts, but don’t have any soldering skill or experience putting them together.
- Building a soldering iron - I am going to trudge through this either way, but I have little experience putting electronics together, and a little knowledge of wiring pre-made boards together would help a lot!
Also, how do I go about how to use the laser cutter or wood CNC?
And how do I join the Slack?
If any of the things listed above are things you are interested in as well, maybe we can collab and get to a result together?
Thanks a bundle, and look forward to seeing you all.